Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our Spanish and Portuguese players, we are opening an office in Barcelona. To make that launch a reality, however, we need a handful of top-tier leaders to help us lay the groundwork, starting, basically… tomorrow!
This is where you come in!
As Brand Manager, you’ll pave and lead the way to serve our current local League players in Spain and Portugal while supporting other teams to welcome new ones. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to embrace the unknown and eventually come up with earth shaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners in Spain to the next level.
As a Rioter in Barcelona, you'll join a lean but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, challenge convention and intense passion for gaming. You’ll collaborate with teams across the globe with the goal of bringing the best possible experiences to Spanish and Portuguese players.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking Brand Manager who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
Experienced: you’ve racked up at least 3+ years of leadership experience in publishing video games (marketing, branding, PR). You know plenty of real-world and digital marketing techniques, which you’ve successfully used in the past to implement large-scale marketing initiatives.
Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you’re a player too; you listen closely to community members to better understand their needs before they do and use that knowledge to improve the overall League of Legends experience.
A publishing guru: you have a broad vision of the gaming industry in Spain and Portugal and media landscape. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right crowd, in the right fashion.
A natural leader: you build, lead and inspire teams by example. You are self-aware, can take feedback well and remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
Curious: you keep an attentive eye on the way publishing initiatives are carried out by other innovative gaming companies, whether in the countries you take care of or abroad. Your heart sits within the countries you support but your mind is global.
Entrepreneurial: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to Spanish and Portuguese players and set higher standards. In other words: “get (great) shit done!”
A veteran summoner: you’re crazy for League of Legends and play every day, preferably executing the latest pro strategies in ranked games; you religiously follow game developments across all of Riot’s new channels and always stay connected to the conversations Riot and the community have.
- Conduct market research and build a strategic plan to keep growing League of Legends presence in Spain and Portugal.
- Partner with multiple teams and agencies (locally and internationally) to create top-notch publishing initiatives in order to drive player retention and engagement.
- Evaluate and advocate new programs, content narratives and campaigns that increase and amplify League of Legends brand passion.
- Track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help the team gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work.
- Provide publishing guidance and support to other disciplines, such as a competitive gaming (esports) to entertain our current players and marketing content creation to help bring and onboard new players in League.
- Ensure that marketing assets, web content, and community materials are of the highest standard and representative of a player-focused approach.
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off.
- Help us keep striving on our promise to players on our aspiration; to become the most player focused game company in the world.
Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.