Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Sustainability (Content Efficiency)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer at Riot, you possess broad understanding of the entire development cycle while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. Not only will you have the opportunity to work with the cutting-edge technology needed to handle the scale of League of Legends, you will also be empowered to explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
In this specific role, you will work within the Content Efficiency (CEFF) team. As an engineer on CEFF, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the core suite of tools and asset pipelines harnessed to develop LoL. A few examples of products from this team include:
- The Game Data Server (GDS), which tracks where and how edits to our game data are made, and makes the data available for any other parts of the pipeline that need it. More information can be found here: https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/game-data-server.
- Riot Editor, a tool crafted to facilitate authoring of the data served by the GDS. It supports editing data generically, as well as allowing us to customize the views for specific types of data. As an example, you would focus on the development of a brand new VFX editor for our artists within Riot Editor.
- A portable environment for these tools so our partners are easily able to build assets for the game without us needing to give full access to them.
- DataBuild, a fully incremental, dependency-driven build system that we're using to transform and package our data so that it can be loaded by the game.
These tools are all written in C++, with a dash of python here and there, and make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX.
- The primary responsibility for this position is as an individual contributor software engineer, writing code and authoring architectural design documents.
- You should have demonstrated abilities to complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple folks and potentially multiple disciplines.
- As a senior software engineer, you will also have the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and resolving systemic issues across the product
- Participating in interviewing and act as a key influencer for hiring decisions
- Help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- We want engineers who are comfortable working on front end UI, but also love getting their hands dirty at the lowest levels of the systems they work on. C++ experience is a must, python a bonus
- Technologies: C/C++, Python, Qt
- Experience with UX/UI design are a strong plus
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).