Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Growth Team
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends ("LoL") and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the challenge of working in a bevy of broader domains. As a Senior Engineer at Riot, you possess broad understanding of the entire development cycle while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. Not only will you have the opportunity to work with the cutting-edge technology needed to handle the scale of our product, you will also be empowered to explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
In this role, you'll work on the League Growth team. You will be responsible for developing features that help our newest players learn the game, find their favorite champs and roles, and find their first fun and impactful moments. As part of developing these products and features, you will collaborate with a vast number of other teams and services that touch every facet of League.
- The primary responsibility for this position is as an individual contributor software engineer, writing code and authoring architectural design documents.
- You should have demonstrated abilities to complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple folks and potentially multiple disciplines.
As a Senior Engineer you will also have the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and resolving systemic issues across the product
- Participating in interviewing and act as a key influencer for hiring decisions
- Help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Engineers that are passionate about building player facing features and that love working on highly polished user interfaces and client experiences.
- Having familiarity with C++ and Java also valuable
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).