Global Compensation Manager
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t act primarily as a compliance function, and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus our energy on business needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted yet flexible consultants and advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in Talent at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your own creativity and passion.
As Global Compensation Manager, you bring deep knowledge and a broad skillset to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You will plan, develop, and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures. You will be responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports, and personal interactions that Riot’s compensation program is consistently administered in compliance with policies and government regulations.
- Support design of compelling, performance-driven incentive plans that are appropriately integrated with both Riot’s business strategy and talent practices
- Lead administration of all pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans built in the future
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective
- Support roll-out, communication and change management of Riot’s new job architecture
- Own ongoing maintenance of Riot’s job architecture - leveling of new roles, updates to market data, etc.
- Partner with HRIS team to design, implement and maintain compensation planning software
- Provide guidance on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and design creative solutions to compensation-related programs
- Partner closely with key stakeholders (e.g. finance and legal) to ensure Riot’s compensation and benefits programs/practices meet compliance requirements
- Oversee the participation in, conduct and/or purchase exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure compensation objectives are achieved
- Effectively lead a high performing team of compensation analysts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible experience in compensation; compensation consulting experience preferred
- Ability to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution
- Experience configuring and implementing compensation planning software (Workday-specific experience a plus)
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).