Global Compensation Director
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Global Compensation Director reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, you bring deep knowledge and a broad skillset to our people, product, discipline, regional, and senior leaders. You will plan, design, benchmark and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, guidelines, and procedures. You will ensure through audits, legal reports, and personal interactions and oversight that Riot’s compensation program is administered in compliance with policies and government regulations, and designed following Riot’s values and goals.
- Design and administer compelling, performance-driven broad-based and executive pay programs that are integrated with Riot’s strategy, talent practices, and rewards landscape - including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans built in the future
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation programs and policies, providing analytics and recommending process and design enhancements that are cost-effective and align with Riot’s values and goals
- Support roll-out, communication and change management of Riot’s new job architecture and any compensation program and process changes
- Maintain Riot’s job architecture - leveling of new roles, updates to market data as our requirements evolve, etc.
- Partner with HRIS team to implement compensation planning software, including oversight of system preparation for compensation processes and oversight of compensation workflows
- Design and guide practices for job evaluations, market matching, pay decisions and governance with a mind for creative solutions and keen integration of market trends and fit for purpose practices
- Oversee the participation in and purchase of salary surveys to ensure compensation goals are achieved and oversee the preparation of comprehensive analyses from these sources
- Partner closely with the people, finance, and legal functions, and external compensation consultants to ensure Riot’s compensation practices meet compliance requirements and the commitments of the People function
- Lead a team of compensation analysts and serve as a mentor, and essential collaborator within the People function
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- Six+ years of progressively responsible experience in compensation;
- Experience working through complex requirements with all levels of employees to achieve resolution
- Experience overseeing configuration, design, and implementation of compensation planning software
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Experience designing compensation programs, guidelines and processes
- Compensation consulting experience preferred
- Workday-specific experience a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.