Senior QA Analyst - League of Legends, New Content and Distribution
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This great opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a Senior QA Analyst on the New Content & Distribution team, you are the champion of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to black box and white box testing to ensure the success of Riot’s League of Legends content offerings. You will collaborate to craft robust test plans, establish testing requirements and quality bars, perform exploratory testing and risk analysis, utilize QA metrics and critical metrics that you establish to continuously improve efficiency and efficacy of testing, and drive implementation of static, dynamic, and validation testing processes. In addition, you build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports on a regular cadence. You put the players first, and work closely with your development team to take on ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain.
The New Content & Distribution (“NCD”) team is a part of the larger League of Legends development group. We build player-facing content as well as the systems and some of the infrastructures that deliver League-related content to players. You will be an integral member of a multi-dimensional team that is focused on regularly delivering exciting current and new content. We're seeking leaders and analysts who can bring new ideas and approaches to testing in order to ensure our players are given the extraordinary, high-quality experience they deserve at every interaction with our content.
- Accountable for executing and potentially establishing team-level quality goals for product
- Handles communication related to test status with internal partners
- Leads outsourced QA teams, overseeing and regularly auditing test results
- Runs and triages defect database
- Accountable for creating test plans which define the test structure and cadence
- Accountable for improving on methods of test execution at the team-level.
- Informs product team on quality goals and when there are quality concerns
- Raises concerns to product or discipline leadership when necessary
- Signs off on product quality during release process
- Act as a voice of the player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years QA experience
- Experience in developing test strategies, test planning, and test design
- Agile Product Development & Agile Testing experience
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).