Senior Network Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, Data Center
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Network Engineers at Riot support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. We keep up to date on networking technology and development trends, and provide solutions towards the continuous evolution of Riot's global infrastructure. Responsibilities span from design, implementation, and administration of high performance networking systems.
As a Senior Network Engineer on the Data Center team, you will be an authority in developing scalable and highly available network infrastructure that connects our player facing services to Riot’s backbone network. You specialize in coding or scripting to build tools and processes that monitor network health, respond to events, or automate repetitive tasks. You'll provide operational support, bug triaging, break/fix, and incident resolution for critical issues. You’ll work alongside a passionate team of systems engineers and physical infrastructure technicians. We combine strong expertise in networking, systems, and developer tooling to automate and improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for League of Legends, while also paving the road for future games.
- Deploy and manage physical network devices within Riot data centers
- Develop and maintain automation that orchestrates management of network devices
- Architect Riot’s data centers from physical assets (servers, network devices, rack design) through to location and global connectivity
- Create comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Provide feedback on technical practices, standards and participate in propose improvements to technical and product leadership
- Mentor and lead other Rioters
- Provide both remote and onsite support through an on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime.
- 3-5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience with networking systems protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to: routers, switches, load balancers and WAN/VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages, e.g.: Python, Terraform, Ansible, SQL, C/C++
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and within an environment with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
Expert level knowledge in at least TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all the areas of:
- IP networking and LAN Switching
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS)
- Expertise on the latest Juniper and Cisco hardware and operating systems
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (MPLS, VRF, VDC) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
- In-depth knowledge of network management and network availability
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/etc., VPN’s, TCP/IP and DNS
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)