Head of Live Services, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but forward-thinking, professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and real passion for gaming. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
As Head of Live Services, SEA you will develop a support strategy tailored to meet the unique needs of each market. These markets are Singapore and Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, and Taiwan. With the support from/collaboration with the central Live Services team, you will build the organization that supports the whole region for player support as well as live services. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown and you’re able to tackle problems and protect our relationship with players and partners alike. You’re deeply organized and can not only foresee common challenges, but also quickly respond to unforeseeable issues and you thrive in the unknown. Your clear methodology for getting things done is state-of-the-art, and the support you provide is always best-in-class.
- Set up and own the player support function to make sure we provide our players with the best experience for our games
- Build and lead the live support functions and ensure the smooth running of the game while responding quickly to queries
- Implement technology solutions and processes to facilitate a transparent and accountable regional support organization (e.g CRM, live chat, etc.)
- Drive localization and build appropriate language support for all markets
- Constantly optimize processes to minimize resolution time and ensure player happiness
- Build feedback loops and establish appropriate channels with relevant teams to facilitate communication, transparency, and efficiency
- Collaborate with existing player, live, and engineering support organizations at Riot to achieve a great balance between "build new vs. use existing" decisions
- Experience at a premier management consulting firm or corporate strategy group
- At least 10 years of experience in operations management
- Experience setting up and leading support operations especially customer support and live support
- Regional exposure and deep knowledge of the Southeast Asian markets
- Deep cultural familiarity with at least one of our markets and language fluency. Proficiency in mandarin nets you bonus points
- Proven leadership experience leading large remote teams in a matrix environment
- Experience with game operations as an added advantage
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).