China Merch Marketing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Merchandising team, you will work with like-minded individuals in ensuring we deliver exceptional experiences to our players around the world. You’ll be tasked with extending product campaigns and delivering engaging contents to strategic partners and marketplaces in an integrated and cohesive way. This role will require close collaboration with internal creative and development teams, as well as stakeholders from Sales, Publishing, and Esport teams. You must have a strong track record of digital innovation and delivery across multiple channels and platforms, including ecommerce & retail.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A Brand Savant: You have a keen eye for brand building and have managed multiple top tier brands across wide audiences; you are knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of product campaigns and commercial plans as they relate to long term merchandising brand identity and consumer engagement.
- An Experienced Marketer: You bring at least 5+ years of eCommerce and digital marketing experience, particularly in overseeing end-to-end digital campaign from strategy, creative, planning, to execution. You are able to analyze a campaign from beginning to end assess its brand and commercial impact and evolution.
- A T-Shaped Contributor: You are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of merchandising sub-disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into merchandising marketing and campaign developments.
- A Bilingual Communicator: You speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- A Player-Focused Champion: You understand diehard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- A Multi-Dimensional Thinker: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- An Adaptable Individual: You are able to adapt across a number of different functional roles, while seeking to finely balance different needs, priorities, and challenges.
- An Entrepreneur at Heart:You either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- An Idea Accelerator:Your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
- Stay ahead and abreast of consumer/player culture and trends to initiate and develop creative content and campaigns for multiple channels to drive consumer/player excitement, brand/product desire and demand;
- Lead merchandising marketing projects that engage players in China and champion both Riot's corporate brand and individual game brands.
- Develop and execute key in-game and out-of-game merchandising programs and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China.
- Work across a multi-functional team to establish and refine KPIs to help Riot merchandising hand-craft marketing solutions that delight Chinese players.
- Lead and work with creative developer/vendor to design and develop “flow creative contents & assets” (shorter shelf life, simpler and fresher)-creative work, e.g. POPs, photos, simple videos, other formats of assets to enrich consumer experience as well as engagement;
- Build digital content hub with global and local assets for internal/external usage;
- Manage budget to be spent effectively and ensure all projects are completed on brand, on brief, on time and within budget for optimal ROI.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.