Senior Security Engineer - Information Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League Players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of Players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Security Engineers and Analysts at Riot are experts in monitoring, prevention, and detection of security threats. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the chance to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
As a Security Engineer within the Information Security team (InfoSec), you will report to a Security Product Manager and monitor security efforts across Riot and for our players. You will quickly detect and analyze threat actors across the globe. Thinking critically about security threats and developing tools (e.g. automating security processes) is necessary to ensure the safety of Riot's platforms and the players using them. From working closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to preventing the next DDoS attack, your work is essential in protecting Riot and our players.
- Lead a technical team in the following areas: Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics
- Evaluate and investigate security events
- Improve security strategies for complex systems and identify security vulnerabilities
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle
- Mentor junior engineers and help level-up their understanding of Information Security
- Champion Security programs to senior management, product leads and engineers
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
- Experience with forensic analysis (networking, memory, disk)
- Computer network defense (protect, respond, sustain) experience within a Computer Incident Response organization
- Experience working with logging and data analysis infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)
- Knowledge of intrusion detection and incident response, the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation
- Experience with reverse engineering
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of common tactics, techniques, and procedures of advanced attackers
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).