Product Manager - Player Platform: Client Team
Product Managers at Riot Games help to lead the vision of each individual product across the finish line. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft.
Product Managers guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. Each product is unusual, with a different set of challenges from the last, so Product Managers seek to be flexible and continuously adjust to changing situational demands. There is no set path to shipping a product, no fixed process to follow, and no one to decide what to do in order to launch. Product Managers create and navigate the pathways to holistic delivery solutions.
As a Product Manager on Player Platform, you'll join a multi-discipline team focused on delivering software on desktop platforms to support players of League of Legends and new Riot games. You will be responsible for translating player and game developer needs into plans for desktop application experiences. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you'll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping to conceptualize, deliver, improve, and influence software development projects at every stage of production.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. As part of the Client Team, you will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build and launch future games.
- Lead the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Provide product leadership as part of a software development team as a subject matter authority.
- Specify market requirements for future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing direct communication with players or internal customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product specifications, and positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Work with customers and partners to drive alignment and communicate product updates.
- Inform and build features roadmaps, identifying critical path issues while pulling together strike forces to blast through barriers and ship features to players.
- Analyze potential partner relationships.
- User experience design, product management and development for social consumer or gamer oriented applications a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering software or products on a global scale.
- Dynamic history of partnerships with User Experience, Visual Design, and/or Software Engineering teams to create and execute against production plans.
- Deep understanding of high-level technical processes.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).