Social Media Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Social Media Manager (Korea), you'll lead the social media strategy & operations of League of Legends as well as Riot’s new games. We're looking for someone who is an innovator, creative, and passionate builder of player’s social communities.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced : You have at least a bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience working in marketing or publishing
- A social media pro: you have deep knowledge and a strong track record of managing and growing social media accounts, creating and executing social media campaigns that deliver value to players in unique and memorable ways; you know what good looks like, and know how to make an impact with the community
- Strategic and insight-informed: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our social media channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea
- A communicator: you enjoy collaborating, whether in the hallway or via email, in-game chat, or messenger pigeon; most importantly, you are able to communicate clearly and inspire a team to action
- A gamer and esports fanatic: you're a lifelong online gamer with a particular affinity for League of Legends; you use your gaming experience to analyze industry marketing campaigns, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses and spotting opportunities for improvement; if you're not playing games, you're watching your favorite teams battle it out online
- A self-starter: whether you're working on a new program or mastering a new champion, it's always been your prerogative to learn, improve, and repeat; that work ethic keeps you going even when the way forward isn't clear
- A creative thinker: you look for opportunities to disrupt the status quo; a trendspotter and tastemaker, you know how to pull inspiration from beyond our category, and translate it into big ideas with the power to resonate beyond our core audience
- Develop the social media strategy for Riot’s multiple games in Korea; shape our voice on various channels, foster social engagement, and deepen player experience
- Drive content creation, advertising, and social events to grow fandom for our new games on effective social media channels (Youtube, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Collaborate with game publishing teams, Riot Central and regional offices to deliver a cohesive experience to players
- Work with agencies to develop social activations, content, and advertising campaigns that will bring the game experience to the next level.
- Identify our social media KPIs and measure the impact of social media campaigns
- Maintain relationships with key social media partners and identify trends in the space
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.