Software Engineer, Site Reliability - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Software Engineer focusing on Site Reliability, you’ll bring software development principles to bear on operating Riot’s next big games. You’re responsible for supporting and optimizing the services supporting our future games through both dedicated coding and hands-on triage. You’ll participate in our on-call rotation that ensures player impacting incidents are resolved quickly. While not on-call, you’ll automate away the pain that once paged you in the night.
Our Research & Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. In Engineering, we work with a large cross-disciplinary team to develop the core gameplay and technology on our next generation of games. We also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver delightful experiences to our players. Our goal is to craft worldwide games that are genre defining and give our players rare experiences.
- An Automator: We realize that automation is the key to scaling. You will assist in making deployments hum and script any task you find tedious. You're familiar with the core concepts of object-oriented, functional, and other programming paradigms and have used modern source control management tools.
- Player-focused: We have a high degree of player empathy. If you have felt that terrible feeling discovering that the server's down, you know what we are talking about. You'll strive to keep our services infrastructure humming, so that doesn't happen.
- Calm under pressure: you exude calm even as everything seems to be falling apart around you. When a service has fallen over in the middle of the night, people look to you to feel like everything will be OK.
- A force multiplier: you understand how to design a system that can operate effectively at scale. You work with engineers on product teams to help bring their systems up to the levels needed to be successful
- 5-10 years experience in System Administration OR Software Engineering
- Experience of DevOps and/or Agile/Scrum work systems
- Solid knowledge in one or more programming languages - e.g. Python, Ruby, C#, and/or Java
- Experience working with Linux OSes and Bash
- Experience designing or operating complex distributed systems
- Drive improvement around Reliability + Availability + Delivery.
- Engineer systems + processes that minimize operational toil.
- Create practices and processes for effective resolution of issues in live environments.
- Build a deep architectural + operational understanding of the technologies supporting our games.
- Dedicatedly manage + mitigate risks around new deployments and configurations.
- Drive teamwork + alignment inside and outside your team.
- Consistently lift the expertise and skills of people around you.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).h