Senior Influencer Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Influencer Manager, you’ll be Riot’s European creator ambassador to everything LEC. You will be responsible for building partnerships, strategy and relationships with influencers, celebrities, ambassadors, bloggers and creators across the European landscape of esports. You will build a team around you to create meaningful and impactful relationships with influencers, seek out new talent, and partner with veterans and new content creators alike. You will also oversee agency partners who engage influencers on behalf of Riot.
You’ll ideally be a member of the League and LEC community, and know what truly makes someone an influencer of players’ and viewers’ hearts and minds. You’ll also have a solid understanding of the LEC ecosystem - players, pro players, teams, brands and fans alike.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- A pop culture maven: You have an innate passion for influencers, celebrities, communications and social media. You have a good handle on current and emerging influencers and their impact on pop culture
- An excellent storyteller: You have stellar writing, presentation and communication skills and understand the power of having the right people tell a story, and what story is the right one to tell. You'll be able to engage influencers through a narrative that is interesting and compelling for them to share with genuine excitement
- Connected: You spend a huge chunk of your time on social media channels - you relate to and are connected with a ton of streamers and influencers, and you have dozens of ideas on how to help level up their craft, and get them to where they need to be
- Tech savvy: You are well-versed in the dynamic digital landscape and have a comprehensive understanding of all social platforms and how to engage with each
- Analytical: You use data as well as instinct to make decisions
- Level-headed: When things are on fire all around you, you have the ability to stop, assess, prioritize, and move towards practical goals vs being pulled in a bunch of different directions
- A leader: You know how to inspire, teach, and communicate your vision to others effectively. Riot’s not a place for people who want to be passive - you’ll be expected to get going quickly, and be able to cite examples of how you have effectively influenced teams in the past
- Driven: You’re not comfortable waiting for other people to guide you- you go out there and make things happen. Micromanagement isn’t your jam. You can work independently or collaborate as part of a larger team, and sometimes both at the same time!
- Experienced: You have at least three years experience working with content creators and managing/collaborating with creators in the community. You know how to support an affiliate creator or a partnered one, and can speak to the differences between them. This is the type of work you live for, and you’ll be able to articulate that passion through past projects and goals.
- Help build and shape future program strategies for LEC content creators
- Foster and build relationships directly with influencers and identify ways to level up their craft
- Track and manage collaborations with creators, and ensure they feel supported through the entire process
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to advocate for players and influencers, sharing their passion for League and LEC with Riot and the community at large
- Design and oversee the execution of impactful strategies that focus on elevating the brilliant work our community creates, provide them with resources, and identify new and exciting opportunities in the space
- Work in a fast paced environment managing multiple deliverables and projects at once
- Advise and consult with teams across Riot, developing standard methodologies for collaborating with creators, and helping add tangible value for players, viewers, content creators, and Riot
- Education: BS / BA, preferably in marketing, advertising or a creative field.
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in talent management, influencer management, creative or social media
- A good understanding of League of Legends community
- A history of creating and growing teams and supporting the growth and development of your reports and mentees
- A deep understanding and passion for influencing the marketing landscape and social media trends
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, both internally and externally
- Sound experience managing third party vendors
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- An adaptable, ambitious, and confident self-starter approach
- Comfort in a high-growth, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to grasp and execute processes, facilitate change, and help define best business practices
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.