Senior Product Manager - Playtesting Infrastructure
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Product Managers at Riot Games help to lead the vision of each individual product across the finish line. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft.
Product Managers guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. Each product is unusual, with a different set of challenges from the last, so Product Managers seek to be flexible and continuously adjust to changing situational demands. There is no set path to shipping a product, no fixed process to follow, and no one to decide what to do in order to launch. Product Managers craft and navigate the pathways to holistic delivery solutions.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Central Playtesting Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for ensuring the vision and priorities of the team are aligned with Riot’s goals. You’ll lead a passionate team that supports all products with the global testing functionality and access to players they need to meet major goals and milestones. You will collaborate with teams and products across the company, developing close relationships with partners and customers to build Riot’s strategy for Playtesting Infrastructure. Should we scale hiring or automate? Do we use third party relationships or develop expertise in-house? What should we build, and when? Help products deliver amazing experiences for players by delivering premier playtesting infrastructure processes, tools, and systems.
- Lead the team that executes, supports and operates playtesting functions, supporting the career growth of team members and ensuring they regularly exceed customer expectations
- Inform and build the team roadmap, identifying critical path issues, removing roadblocks, and driving efficiency of execution
- Collaborate with customers, partners, and stakeholders, capturing requirements and opportunities and developing a deep understanding of needs and motivations
- Generate plans and reports that keep business partners and customers informed about work-in-progress
- Monitor the long-term playtesting needs of the company, building plans for how the team will support future needs before requests come down the pipe
- 5+ years experience as a product manager and you've led multiple teams responsible for long-term projects
- Experiencing managing others, and mentoring for performance
- Effective communicator, with experience building strong customer relationships
- Experience working with UX, research, or playtesting preferred
- Experience navigating highly complex and ambiguous problem spaces with competing sets of expectations and priorities; the ability to make strategic decisions and align partners across those priorities
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).