Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Finance Associate, you will be the financial adviser to several teams at Riot Games. You’ll use your strategic mindset and analytical wizardry to advise your teams on fiscal impact, purchasing, forecast, and better decision making. Although you are hardcore about return on investments, you’ll know when to loosen your purse strings to meet the team’s evolving needs. Your ability to navigate through ambiguous problems and your experience in finance makes you an all-start for a role that demands both.
- Experienced: you’ve racked up at least three years’ experience in management consulting, investment banking, operations finance, or corporate development in the gaming, tech, or entertainment industries
- A self-starter: you proactively prioritize tasks and raise red flags when signs of danger appear; when the wind shifts and schedules start to slide, you quickly reorient yourself and identify which teams need repairs
- A team player: while you’re a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun help you thrive as part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with team members, especially on concepts and ideas where you’ve got a lot to learn
- A maverick: you’re not afraid to speak up humbly and constructively when you see room for improvement
- Player-focused: you chose your career path because your love of numbers is second only to your love of play; your passion for gaming can be felt in most of your big life decisions
- A modeling prodigy: you easily navigate three-statement financial models with excel and SQL like it’s the layout to your childhood home and are equally comfortable with basic accounting concepts; you easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Provide product teams with strategic financial analysis to support decision making
- Facilitate deeper understanding of the business and numbers behind it
- Drive the forecasting process for one or more teams, supporting them with models, tools, and ad hoc analysis
- Partner with management to improve how we develop assumptions, reflect expectations, and incorporate feedback from past performance
- Use your analytical and people skills to drive change and translate financial concepts between business partners
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.