International Director of Finance
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in:
As International Finance Director, you’ll lead Riot’s International Finance team based in Dublin, drawing on your substantial experience to build scalable systems that keep up with a company that’s extremely dynamic and undergoing constant evolution. You’ll work with external partners and leaders throughout Riot to guide key financial decisions. You’ll also mentor team members, streamline reporting processes and foster an ambitious culture of continuous improvement, complete with systems for measuring and recognizing success.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for all things Riot. With teams in Finance, Player Support, Publishing, Marketing, Localization and Engineering, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show international players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced: you’ve racked up around 10 years of accounting, tax and FP&A experience, preferably for multinational companies filled with techie, gamer types like us
- Educated: your raw talent is backed up by a bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university and you are a qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- Internationally centered: you’re familiar with the challenges of operating in a global organization, and have experiences dealing with international accounting and tax practices; you embrace new challenges
- A team leader: you’ve got experience building and leading successful Finance teams in a growing, ever-evolving organization; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on
- A leader of leaders: You’re responsible for other managers and holding them accountable for how they lead. Coordinating efforts across your teams, holding people accountable to the value they deliver, coaching / supporting your leaders, and creating a leadership “team”
- An enterprise planner: you’re an Excel pro and expertly use ERP systems to manage internal and external account information
- Completely compliant: you know all the ins and outs of international and domestic accounting standards and tax codes, and deftly navigate IFRS, GAAP and SOX compliance regulations
- Detail-oriented: your financial savvy helps you keep accounts, tax returns and reports current and spot even the slightest mathematical discrepancy; you know little things often make big things happen, and so there’s no detail so fine that it escapes your notice
- An equipped communicator: you’re easy to get along with, and work successfully with any personality type you might run into on the studio floor; you craft reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- Oversee Riot Games’ International Finance operations including internal control systems, transactions-processing, policies and procedures, general ledger and revenue accounting, international tax and FP&A; ensure timely and accurate submission of financial info conforming to IFRS, US GAAP and local / statutory needs across multiple international entities.
- Provide leadership in the global finance organization and collaborate with Riot Games HQ around change management, process improvement, scaling finance infrastructures and operations, standardizing processes globally, tax compliance, strategy and internal control processes to support a rapidly growing and evolving game development community
- Play a key role in the Dublin leadership team and help develop and drive forward Riot’s strategy across the region while building strong relationships with leaders throughout the group
- Be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing a team of senior finance professionals across Accounting, Tax and FP&A
- Be ‘one of the team’, hands-on in a player-first dynamic and inclusive culture
- Be responsible for delivering finance deliverables across multiple projects and ensuring that the team delivers as a finance centre of excellence