Software Development Engineer in Test - Unpublished R&D Product
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running,
Riot Games is searching the planet for passionate people, throughout game development.
Will you help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world and make amazing games?
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps strengthen our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where we need you to make a difference:
As an experienced SDET (with automation experience) you'll lead the QA automation strategy for a product or feature team working on a R&D project, to provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of engineers and developers on a mission to support world-class player experiences. As Technical QA, you will identify essential development improvement areas for optimisation and automation and provide technical quality assurance and automation support for the engineering team in HK.
- A tech veteran: you have an in-depth understanding of developing and working on automation strategies and supporting developers with deeper technical investigations on issues
- Quality oriented: you've acquired plenty of experience building regression and integration tests, and using version control software and automation frameworks to help speed up quality processes and guide higher quality outputs for development teams
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from it; you can turn on a dime to support new plans when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with different teams and provide clarity and guidance on areas from test automation solutions to essential feedback; being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt according to whoever you are speaking with
- Player-focused: You have a passion for games that inspire you to achieve the best quality possible to players worldwide by empathising with the perspectives and plights of players and foster their needs
- You have a technical mindset and can connect Quality and Engineering disciplines
- You have interest or strength to develop tools and automation for development and quality assurance teams
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Advanced skill in at least one programming language (e.g. C++, C#, Python)
- Perforce, Git or SVN knowledge
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.