PR Manager, France - Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with our french players, we need additional top-tier professionals at Riot Paris. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and broad-thinking PR expert who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Just like us, you are passionate about games and take play seriously.
As PR Manager for France, you’ll lead the French public relations efforts for League of Legends, our Esports activities, and Riot itself while working with external PR agencies and media. You’ll develop relationships with print and digital media outlets, both enthusiast and mainstream, and create and execute successful PR strategies that’ll help delight players of all ages and levels in France! To do this, you’ll use your education, PR XP in gaming, affinity for League of Legends, and no-BS communication skills to craft stories that connect with current and future players.
As a Paris Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and incredible passion for gaming. France needs a publishing revolution: you (and any teams you manage) will deliver unique player experiences that show French players they aren't lost in translation.
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing or a related field; with over 4 years of gaming-industry PR. You’re well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-party companies.
- A PR dynamo: you’re a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories. You know that PR’s all about healthy relationships that benefit to everyone. You’ve built and fostered rapport with multiple gaming publications.
- A consummate communicator: you are able to clearly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you can concisely convey the product’s messages and depict the business to the highest standard possible. You’re fluent in French and ideally other languages.
- Autonomous: you don’t need to be given continuous direction and know how to manage yourself; you’re meticulously organized with an insatiable drive for results. You are able to work simultaneously on various topics, can identify opportunities and prioritize impactful actions.
- Data driven : you have strong affinity for metrics and reporting ; you know how to plan and report campaign performance and sentiment.
- A gaming enthusiast: you’ve been gaming since a long time and consider League of Legends an integral part of your daily routine
- Define and execute the PR strategy for France, ensuring its consistency with global strategy
- Sensitize media about our product(s) and seek high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Lead and organize events, including media tours, media events and trade shows
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Deliver regular updates / reports to the Comms Manager and rest of the team, informing overall media sentiment and campaign performance.
- Foster relationships with editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
Don’t forget to include a CV and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.