Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of our players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead by example and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of exemplary engineering.
Our Research & Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a Software Engineer, you will work with a large cross-disciplinary team to develop the core gameplay and technology on our next generation of games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver delightful experiences to our players. Our goal is to craft worldwide games that are genre defining and give our players rare experiences.
Player-Focused: You have strong player empathy, and want to find solutions that make players excited to earn new experiences through gameplay. We want to ensure that when players spend money in our game they feel good before, during, and after their purchase.
A Collaborator: You want to work elbow-to-elbow with members of other disciplines (like Art and Game Design) to build a whole experience. You are excited to see problems from a different point of view, and make hard tradeoffs (Performance vs. Quality, Breadth vs. Depth, etc) to meet multiple objectives.
A Tool Builder: You’re passionate about empowering Artists and Designers to realize their ideas in the game with minimal engineering assistance. You’re happy to listen to them and understand their needs, on the way to building high-quality tools that empower them in their work.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to craft player experiences
- Give feedback to game designers and art team members on the technical tradeoffs of their designs
- Implement features in the Unity engine using C#
- Modify C# microservices to support Unity service calls for new features
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality code
- Deliver code to players in a weekly release cadence
- Enable Designers and Artists to develop game content
- Code review the work of other Software Engineers on the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 3+ Years professional software experience
- OO Design/Dev experience in C#, Java, or C++
- Experience in Game Engineering using Unity or another game engine (e.g., League, Unreal, etc)
- Experience in User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design and development
- Experience building content tools and pipelines
- A track record of working closely with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing of software
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).