Live Producer, Korea
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Live Producer, you’ll play a key role in protecting player experience by ensuring all services Riot provides are available as intended all times. You’ll be actively taking the role of incident commander with the mission of minimizing player pain. You’ll communicate between teams, providing context, and enabling live service delivery. You’ll go beyond rote process scheduling to jump in front of hitches before they become glitches. You know that seamless content delivery makes memorable player experiences and that poor implementation can turn a dedicated night of gaming into a frustrating battle of wits. You’re proactive and pragmatic while you envision creative new ways to define problems, mediate solutions across teams, and solve issues that you uncover.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- A pro producer: you’ve got 3-5 years experience managing and delivering both established and new services in a live environment; you’ve built up a resume by breaking through barriers and getting shit done, ideally with international partners across multiple geographies.
- A live expert: you’ve got your own handful of war stories about the time a simple change brought your world to its knees. You know how to collaborate with developers to find the right balance between onboarding new stuff and ensuring everything goes smoothly when you do.
- A natural firefighter: you’re able to break down problems and make crucial calls even under the most stressful situations; you’re a diamond sculpted under high pressure, your analytical mind does not get distracted even when everything else is on fire. You are on the frontline of battling against issues and you’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and get the problem solved.
- A technical interpreter: you’re a quick learner and an adaptive communicator; while your only experience "writing code" might be editing a wiki, you’re able to converse with highly technical Rioters and relay the information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Results-oriented: you’ve got a clear view of the obstacles that dot your path and a solution-focused plan for overcoming them; you succeed by discovering ways to address previous roadblocks so that other teams don’t stumble at the same point.
- Crazy for gaming: you always have one or two titles to mention when asked what games you currently are playing. Those sleepless nights you spent on struggling against seemingly unbreakable end-bosses paved your way to gaming industry. You are not afraid of endeavoring new genres or platforms. You are deeply engaged in exploring different types of games from MOBA to RPG, from TCG to RTS.
- Be a Live Service Protector
- Manage the restoration of a quality player experience by working with the Network Operations Center and various technical teams.
- Proactively identify and address potential risks on service health by streamlining and improving internal development and delivery procedures.
- Communicate live player pains and service health with appropriate local & global teams, acting as the conduit between central teams and KR players and advocating for their pain.
- Be a Consultant of Operational Excellence
- Support local development team on managing a more robust live service and better player experience.
- Set-up and manage measurable expectations on live operations and provide expertise on sustainable service management for both local & global teams.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.