Director of Diversity, Culture and Engagement
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) team is amplifying diverse voices and fostering an inclusive environment across Riot. Riot’s mission is to be the most player focused gaming company in the world. In order to achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences and backgrounds of our players. Our D&I organization enables our mission by attracting outstanding talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that allow them to do their best work.
As Director of Diversity, Culture and Engagement, reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer, you will be a thought leader, experienced influencer, executer and have the opportunity to contribute to the evolution taking place at Riot Games. Your mission will be to support and elevate the voice and programs of our networks and work with our key internal and external partners on communications opportunities. You will energize the organization's commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) to help develop a diverse and inclusive workforce by cultivating a robust ground breaking strategy that propels leaders to have deeper understanding, knowledge, and skills to develop the competencies needed to accelerate our progress around D&I efforts across the globe. The result of your work will be the engagement of Rioters for the advancement and alignment of Riot's mission, vision, values, and goals.
Strategy and Execution
- Own and drive the implementation of D&I internal strategy for Riot, including the integration of diversity and values into core people and business processes
- Create and implement D&I strategies in partnership with HR, Recruiting and Cultural Transformation teams as it relates to recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention
- Partner with HR to strengthen the D&I operating model and ensure D&I is integrated into People initiatives and COEs
- Provide recommendations and actions to advance representation of women and people of color
- Partner with HRBPs and business leaders to build annual D&I objectives and plans that achieve demonstrable results based on regional needs
- Measure and analyze diversity metrics on an established cadence to track progress
- Form relationships with key partners to ensure that our D&I efforts are deeply embedded in the culture of our organization
- Act as a strategic advisor and subject matter expert to Sr. Leaders on appropriate channels and content.
- Craft policies, programs, and other resources to educate employees about diversity and inclusion standard methodologies and behaviors.
- Partner with operations leader to develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the diversity and inclusion strategy
Culture and Engagement
- Partner with the Cultural Transformation Team and key stakeholders to identify and deliver tools, systems and actions to ensure behaviors are aligned with our values
- Oversee the Diversity & Inclusion Council (DIAC) to promote and ensure that the goals of diversity & inclusion are prioritized and successfully implemented
- Provide oversight for all internal diversity and inclusion programs and policies, including Rioter Resource Groups (RIGs) and activities.
- Oversee strategy and effectiveness of our Rioter Resource Groups (RIGs), councils and international D&I groups providing coaching and thought partnership on programming.
- Actively drive, develop, and deliver all enterprise strategies, programs, training and frameworks aimed at improving and promoting a culture based on values, belonging, and inclusion
- Design and develop a system or tools to measure the acceptance and movement of culture issues
- Develop a network of culture and values champions, providing coaching and leadership to support their culture change efforts.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all programs related to the initiative, applying structured methodology to lead change management activities.
- Responsible for the communication strategy and execution of a comprehensive internal D&I program
- 10+ years experience in D&I in a corporate environment
- 4+ years leading people
- Experience guiding and integrating D&I initiatives in a corporate environment
- Experience launching and/or managing Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Knowledge of cultural competencies, skill development and diversity and inclusion concepts
- Demonstrated results of facilitating complex, enterprise wide internal D&I strategies and programs
- Ability to impact and strengthen positive change as an effective business partner
- Create and drive strategies and programs that improve employee engagement, productivity, and organizational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Behavioral Sciences or a related field
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).