Community & Channel Lead, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games and thriving communities. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical acclaim. With over 100 million monthly active players, League of Legends is the most played PC game in the world. The success of League of Legends simply wouldn’t have been possible without the passionate community behind it.
The Singapore-based Riot Southeast Asia team is looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and real passion for gaming. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building rare and memorable player experiences.
One of the challenges we have in Southeast Asia is uniting a community that is split across countries, servers, languages and cultures. We’d love to remove those boundaries for players and help create a shared sense of community for all players in the region.
That's where you come in.
As Community & Channel Lead on the Publishing team in Singapore, you will be joining a team of hardworking professionals who work to foster local communities with genuine experiences that are highly resonant with Southeast Asian players. You will create our local community development strategy, manager multiple market-specific Community Managers, and support Rioters on their quest to build relationships among influencers, event organizers, passionate players and other Rioters. League of Legends has a growing community, and as part of it, you will help make sure we are meeting players’ needs.
- Use a data-informed approach to create our community strategy and associated critical metrics
- Lead our community efforts and help build programs that support the creativity and passion of our players
- Quickly and effectively respond to the shifting needs of our community as they develop
- Find opportunities to develop and implement community and influencer programs that drive long term fandom
- Work with partners and vendors to deliver impactful experiences to players across all of our markets and all of our channels in Southeast Asia
- Be the voice of the community internally
- A community-focused gamer: You’re already chest-deep in gaming communities, and your player-focused mentality shapes your decisions
- A great communicator: you speak and write clearly and concisely in any medium from email, to tweet, to video; you can adapt your styles and tones while communicating a clear message that leaves less space for misunderstanding or offense
- A community management expert: you’ve built and developed communities in the past, and you know what makes a group of people turn into a thriving community. You understand the power of communities and the impact they can have on players’ lives
- A channel management expert: our primary method of communication with players is via social channels. You are very familiar with the distinctions between social platforms as well as how to leverage them effectively.
- A trusted leader: you lead, support and mentor your teammates on and off the clock; you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support and fist bumps when they’re raising the bar. You believe that the best leaders create leaders, not followers; you push people to improve their weaknesses and bolster their strengths
- Cool-headed: you thrive in high-stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; as the team’s ballast, you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- Data-driven: you’re able to use data and player research to turn them into product positioning, creative, media and PR strategies backed by strong business cases
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).