Community & Channel Lead, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Community and Channel Lead on the Publishing team in Singapore, you will join a team of professionals who foster local communities with genuine experiences that are resonant with Southeast Asian players. You will create our local community development strategy, and manage multiple market-specific Community Managers while supporting Rioters on their quest to build relationships among influencers, event organizers, passionate players and other Rioters. One of the challenges we have in Southeast Asia is uniting a community that is split across countries, servers, languages and cultures. We’d love to remove those boundaries for players and help create a shared sense of community for all players in the region. You will report into the Head of Marketing in Singapore.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Use a data-informed approach to create our community strategy and associated essential metrics
- Lead our community efforts and help build programs that support the creativity and passion of our players
- Respond to the shifting needs of our community as they develop
- Find opportunities to develop community and influencer programs that promote long-term fandom
- Work with partners and vendors to provide impactful experiences to players across all of our markets and all of our channels in Southeast Asia
- Be the voice of the community internally
- 4+ years of experience in a social media, community management, or marketing role in gaming, mobile gaming, interactive entertainment or related fields
- Experience in social channel management. Our primary method of communication with players is through social channels. It’s important to understand the distinctions between social platforms and how to support them
- Experience implementing successful community campaigns with gaming audiences
- Experience in community management
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working in multiple markets within Southeast Asia
- Experience collaborating with agencies and vendors
- We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).