Quality Assurance Lead - Player Platform: Release Team
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every day to achieve the very best results for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
Quality Assurance Leads are advocates of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. They craft test plans, establish testing requirements & quality bars, perform exploratory testing, and guide implementation of static and dynamic testing processes. They also build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports. They put the players first, and collaborate with their development team to tackle ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain. As a member of the Release team you will act a release quality advocate, deploying releases through the release pipeline, managing the quality through the release cycle collaborating across multiple teams.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an essential member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're looking for individuals who bring new ideas to projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to empower game teams to support these experiences across different operating platforms. Together, we write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riots future games.
As a QA Lead on Player Platform, you will…
- Manage the quality of a release during a release cycle.
- Manage bugs impacting a release, drive resolution of critical bugs with internal partners.
- Deploy release candidate builds through the test/build/deploy pipeline, manages release candidate health.
- Iterates on the release process, implements improvements.
- Establish and execute team-level quality goals.
- Inform product team and discipline leadership on quality goals and key performance indicators.
- Call out risks and quality concerns to leadership.
- Collaborate with others in QA to develop dynamic test plans that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
- Approve product quality during release process.
- Partner with Product Owners and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor Quality Analysts and share knowledge with others in our Quality Discipline at Riot.
- Manage communication with outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing results.
- Coordinate with other product team Quality Owners to maintain efficient cross-product test coverage.
- Perforce, Git
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).