Senior User Acquisition Manager - Google AdWords/UAC
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
User Acquisition is an ROI driven discipline that values a “test everything” mentality. The UA team and UA managers are focused on acquiring new players on a global scale for all of Riot’s game titles, existing and future. UA managers are expected to be experts on specific paid channels (Google/UAC, Facebook, Experimental SANs…) and will also be “Game Managers”, responsible for being the point of contact for one of Riot’s games for the UA team as a whole.
The UA team’s Partners are the game team leads and all of the regional office heads and the concerns of each of these teams are of utmost importance for the health of the games and regions. The team itself lives in Riot's World Wide Publishing department, reporting into the CMO. The data collected by the UA team’s testing will shape the future of Riot’s marketing efforts and help inform creative teams about what resonates with players which in turn supports the sustained life of the games.
- Manage end-to-end funnel, which includes integrating new Google sources (AdWords, UAC, DV360, YouTube…), launching campaigns, optimizing Google advertising campaigns, and working with creative team to produce best-in-class creatives specific to Google supply sources.
- Perform research in game and marketing performance across Google supply channels to conceptualize innovative ideas that will improve new user scalability and ROI in media buying.
- Use data analytics, multivariate testing, and predictive modeling to inform and develop campaign KPI methodology and optimize on those KPIs
- Partner with the Creative team to share insights and trends on the performance of their creatives, ideas for new concepts, ad copy, image optimization, and variations.
- Structure UA tests around creatives, campaigns, and new ad products to improve campaigns while partnering with brand marketing and the creative teams to conceive and iterate
- Develop reporting templates and systems to inform partners on performance
- Collaborate with UA managers across other UA channels and demand generation campaigns to do integrated advertising and maximize cross-platform opportunities.
- Help share craft expertise and campaign retros across UA teams, Growth/Publishing and Riot Games to level up Riot's understanding of UA and how to integrate the learnings across the business.
- Comprehensive digital analytics experience (Singular, Kochava, Adjust, Tune, Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.) and are comfortable using platforms to measure efforts;.
- Experience in high-scale, hands-on performance marketing role with Google AdWords and UAC.
- Experience in performance marketing, online advertising, media buying, lead generation or consulting.
- Understand ads metrics (CPI, CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA, ROAS, ROI, LTV).
- 4+ years analyzing large datasets and taking action based on the analysis, preferably in the digital ad buying space
- B.S./B.A. in Economics, Statistics, or business related discipline
- You have experience with paid marketing campaigns that exceeded expectations on products like Google Adwords, Google UAC, Youtube, Apple Search, gaming networks. Facebook or Instagram, etc. Deep knowledge about the mobile advertising space, the mobile app market, and are strongly invested in the rapidly changing ecosystem of the mobile-first world
- Experience working with Tableau
- Experience working with native social media ad platforms (Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads, Google AdWords).
- Experience with other PMD / FMP / DSP bid management platforms and ad exchanges.
Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, open paid time off, retirement benefits with company matching, life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term, disability, play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games, we will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.