Associate Brand Manager - League of Legends Marketing
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the dramatic growth of esports.
Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling. Publishing and Brand Management at Riot, like everything else, is focused on our players and fans. We believe that publishing at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to provide meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, League of Legends, League of Legends esports and our future games.
Brand Managers at Riot are apart of a diverse marketing team that includes the sub-disciplines of brand, performance marketing, creative, communications, art, and digital marketing. This team develops moldable global marketing campaigns that regional publishing leads can build on. You'll collaborate with product managers on the best way to adapt the game to the needs of our players.
As an Associate Brand Manager on the League of Legends team, you will help guide our marketing strategy, manage and develop campaigns, provide content, branding and community efforts for multiple product teams that all work together to bring League of Legends to our players every day. You love to push convention and have an inspiring spirit. You accept the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking projects to take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level. You are eager to design marketing campaigns that genuinely engage players and inspire them to dive into our products. You will report directly into the Publishing Lead on League of Legends.
- Establish clear direction and maintain the strategy for League of Legend’s publishing, brand, marketing, and content efforts
- Collaborate with best-in-class agencies to craft effective and exciting go to market strategies
- Measure campaign performance and provide insight back to your team about how to improve the effectiveness
- Establish our player journey for our products - where do players hear about the product, how will players acquire, how will they socialize
- Be the point person between our local teams and regional offices to ensure there is always transparency into progress and the team is aware of any regional specific issues that the central team will- need to account for
- 3+ years of experience in publishing or marketing
- Experience delivering successful marketing campaigns to customers
- Experience with the marketing toolsets used to bring a product to market
- Experience giving and taking constructive creative feedback
- Experience collaborating with multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product campaign
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres
- Experience working on multiple products simultaneously at different stages and understanding how to position and create large-scale reach and satisfaction for those products
- MBA preferred
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.