Player Management Event Coordinator (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
We are seeking an exceptional Player Management Event Coordinator to collaborate with Players and Pro Teams and help us to build long-lasting relationships. You will often act as the face of Riot and be a representative of our League during esports events. You are a people person with great soft skills and ability to work empathetically. You know how to navigate and troubleshoot complex situations with others and act as a mediator between parties with differing goals. You have prior experience in event management and you are passionate about the gaming industry.
This role will be a 12 month contract position.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create great player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- You will coordinate anything related to Riot hosted Events making sure the Pro Player and Team experience is at its best
- Gather feedback from pro players regarding issues of interest, including league competitions, events, games, rules, news, and products/services
- Be the “eyes and ears” of Riot within the pro gamer community, maintaining a high level of awareness and reporting on trends and activities
- Monitor LEC pro players to identify relevant issues as they emerge
- Act as Riot’s ambassador to the pro player community; promote Riot’s and the league’s philosophy and positions on issues
- You will educate players and managers about the league and its activities
- Respond to players and managers in a timely and responsive manner, to foster an open environment of communication
- Promote respect and helpfulness within the community, and positive relations among the league and its pro players
- Encourage collaboration between many internal groups at Riot and pro players
- You've earned your bachelor's or you have at least 2 years' of experience working in events management or coordination
- You can connect with players and create authentic, positive interactions and experiences for them; you’re empathetic and truly have a feel for people
- You are an excellent planner - booking flights, hotels, and locking down schedules is your jam
- You can fire-fight, think out of the box, and work quickly; something always goes wrong so being a clever problem solver is essential to this role
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
t’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.