Business Development & Partnerships Manager, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games and thriving communities. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical acclaim. With over 100 million monthly active players, League of Legends is the most played PC game in the world. The success of League of Legends simply wouldn’t have been possible without the passionate community behind it.
The Singapore-based Riot Southeast Asia team is looking for humble and inspiring professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment with new ideas.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building rare and memorable player experiences.
One of the challenges we have in Southeast Asia is that the esports scene is exploding in growth, but we’re at a nascent stage on the commercialization journey. That's where you come in.
As a Business Development and Partnerships Manager on the Esports team in Singapore, you will join a team of creative and passionate professionals. Their role is to foster relationships with top tier brands and their agency partners, which result in brand partnership experiences that are resonant with Southeast Asian players. Internally, you will have a hand in shaping our product, while externally you will craft and present partnership proposals to brands. League of Legends has a vocal community, so you will help ensure we are delivering experiences at Riot standard; meeting the expectations of players and needs of brands. You will support and report into the Head of Strategic Partnerships in unlocking value for the ecosystem, while raising the bar for standards in the market.
The regional Business Development Manager will be tasked with the sales planning for brand partnerships, landing in the three professional leagues we operate in South-East Asia; LMS (Taiwan, HK, Macau), VCS (Vietnam) and LST (Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia-Singapore, Indonesia). They will also co-ordinate with our Publishing partner and local entities for implementing tactical local activities, such as local activations, content partnerships and broadcast integrations. You are naturally collaborative, someone who can manage projects from start to finish; across countries and cultures for all partners.
- An experienced professional: you have 8+ years of industry experience in marketing, content, advertising, media or partnerships
- Adept Communicator: you speak and write with brevity in any medium - from email, to presentation, to video; you customize your styles and tones while communicating the message to your audience
- A natural seller: you can empathize with your prospective client, seeing the world through their eyes and crafting a solution to meet their needs. you manage your pipeline, provide prompt responses and foster trusted relationships
- A team player: you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support and fist bumps when they’re raising the bar. You push people to improve their weaknesses and bolster their strengths
- An Industry-Focused mindset: No matter what you play, you play. Working through potential scenarios for success, your player mentality informs your decisions. You also have your ear to the ground and a POV on the evolving landscape
- An independent operator: you look for opportunities to grow, and are happier with guidance and feedback than instruction and reporting
- Data-driven: you value player research and can use that data for product positioning, creative, media and PR strategies backed by thoughtful business cases
- Culturally curious: you embrace the challenge of working across a diverse set of cultures and languages. You can read/write Chinese.
- An eye for aesthetics: it irks you when you see a sloppy presentation and will make sure to get it right before you let it leave the door with your name attached
- Full relocation support
- Health insurance for you and qualified dependents
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).