Senior Software Engineer - Esports Digital
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. That's where you come in.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Esports Digital Team you will report into the Engineering Manager. You will be developing awesome new products that increase fan engagement on a global scale. We are looking for a product focused engineer who can work across our platform including backend services and player-facing experiences. Recently we've released our Watch Rewards product that allows players to earn unique in-game League content through watching our World Championship matches. You can help us build the next extraordinary experiences for our pros, players, and fans.
- You will write code and author architectural design documents for the Esports Digital product
- You will complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple folks and potentially multiple disciplines.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to mid and associate level engineers within Riot
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship on engineering teams
- Experience shipping and supporting a live product
- Understanding of the difficulties and trade-offs when building large-scale systems. Has worked on a high volume system (tens of thousands per second).
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Proficiency with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with GraphQL
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).