Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform: Accounts
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Player Platform: Accounts team, you’ll be a key contributor to the building of creative solutions to difficult problems that delight our players.
The Accounts team within Player Platform owns the concept of identity at Riot worldwide, and its portability throughout all of Riot’s ecosystems. The current offering includes login, sign up, account recovery, and account management, as well as APIs for all internal systems that need player account information. We ensure that data is stored, secured, and managed in a manner that meets regulation and compliance globally.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Accounts and Identity team in Player Platform.
- Write code in multiple languages to deliver software to millions of players
- Deliver high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Keep track of technical debt; understand when to make tradeoffs and when to burn that debt down
- Provide thorough and meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Partner with product owners to create the best possible experience for both players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Create technical designs and champion them to the organization
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning
- Take the lead in technical phone screens and onsite panels to vet other engineers for hiring
- SQL Databases like MySQL
- Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
- Perforce, Git
- High scale database solutions
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of the following: microservices architecture, desktop (PC/Mac) client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).