Senior Software Engineer - Content Access Hub
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
The Content Access Hub team within Live Services creates and provides the online/backend services that power the entire store and inventory infrastructure of League of Legends and of Riot’s upcoming new games. We manage an ecosystem of high-frequency, low-latency services such as:
- Orders – millions of players want content
- Wallets – supporting multiple currencies and millions of transactions
- Entitlements – associating content to players
- Merchants - supporting other games in our pipeline, other products like esports, rewards, etc.; and data analytics for over 100 million players around the world and more with new games.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content Access Hub team, you will develop the Content Access Platform and deploy world-wide distributed compute systems for one of the largest gaming systems and for future AAA-games, which impacts global players and their gaming experience. You will also ensure all components of the system are highly available, scalable, sustainable, and maintainable. You will also lead and mentor other engineers and report to the Engineering Lead of the Live Services team.
- Building distributed compute platform to run gaming as service for League and future games
- Developing highly available, durable, resilient services
- Building systems to manage operations to deploy services world-wide while minimizing customer sharding using CI/CD methods
- Improving availability of global scale distributed computing systems, metrics and alarms
- Mentor and guide other Rioters
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Professional development experience using Java and Python
- Experience building distributed systems, especially using RESTful services
- Deep understanding of cloud services and how to deploy service within it
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).