Senior Software Engineer - Live Services: Content Access Hub
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer on Live Services, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
The Live Services initiative is dedicated to keeping our services running, that players have the experiences that they expect and that when things don't go as expected that their issues are resolved quickly and in a manner that exemplifies Riot's dedication to being the most player focused gaming company.
The Content Access Hub team within Live Services creates and provides the online/backend services that power the entire store and inventory infrastructure of League of Legends and of Riot’s upcoming new games. We are responsible for an ecosystem of high-frequency, low-latency services such as: Orders – millions of players want content; Wallets – supporting multiple currencies and millions of transactions in consistent manner; Entitlements – associating content to players; Merchants - supporting other games in our pipeline, other products like esports, rewards, etc.; and data analytics for over 100 million players around the world and more with new games.
As an integral member of our multi-functional team, you will develop the Content Access Platform and deploy world-wide distributed compute systems for one of the largest gaming systems and for future AAA-games, which impacts global players and their gaming experience. You will also ensure all components of the system are extensible, highly available, highly scalable, sustainable, and maintainable. You will lead by example and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of exemplary engineering. As CAH plays a critical role in continuing Riot’s mission to put Player Experience First, you will also make a measurable, direct impact in delivering the optimal and protecting the total player experience.
- Building distributed compute platform to run gaming as service for League and future games
- Developing highly available, durable, resilient services
Building out systems effectively to manage operations (world-wide software deployment, deploying mechanisms to cellurarize and minimize blast radius, etc.) using CI/CD methods
- Improving availability of global scale distributed computing systems, metrics and alarms
- Mentor and guide other Rioters
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- RESTful services, distributed systems
- Strong OO programming experience
- Deep understanding of cloud services and how to deploy service within it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, and organizational chops
- Deep sense of ownership
- Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Ability to self-direct and measure success individually and collectively with teams
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience mentoring and leading others
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).