Engineering Manager - League of Legends, Reliability
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Join Riot as an Engineering Manager on the Game Flow Services team for League of legends. This team develops and maintains the core backend services and scalable infrastructure for one of the largest games in the world. In addition to implementing new service features, you will also be focused on building systems and tools to make the services easier to operate. This includes databases, queues, several key microservices, caches, telemetry systems, and reporting tools.
As an Engineering Manager on the Game Flow Services team you will report into League's Sustainability Initiative Engineering Lead. You will offer creative solutions to organizational and software design challenges. You’ll serve as a mentor for multiple engineers, overseeing performance management and career growth. You will also work with the other discipline leads to guarantee a clear vision is in place and that the team understands and executes against that vision.
- Partner with the product management team and help shape the team’s vision
- Build great teams and maintain team health
- Performance management, hiring, and career development for the team members
- Manage and participate in the on-call rotation for the League of Legends services
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering
- Resourcefulness in project management and experience successfully guiding investment strategies in people and systems
- Previous knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture
- Experience presenting and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority
- Experience operating and supporting production services
- Experience leading teams that specifically build and ship public-facing software
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (preferred), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).