Engineering Manager - League of Legends Marketing
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Engineering Manager on the League Marketing team, you’ll report into the League Marketing Producer. You will offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and instilling balanced accountability models for performance. Marketing has increasingly become an algorithm and tech-driven function. League Marketing supports the largest video game community in the world, by creating product strategies and delivering essential player facing products designed to connect with, retain, and inspire players; and creating and improving the internal facing elements of the League of Legends marketing tech stack.
- Partner with the product management team and help shape the team’s vision
- Build great teams and maintain team health
- Performance management, hiring, and career development for the team members
- 3+ years experience as an Engineering Manager or Director of Engineering
- 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience growing and scaling organizations to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience leading teams to develop immersive experiences for web and mobile, and guiding leaders and team members through influence, coaching and mentorship.
- Working knowledge of developing the microservices, API’s, and scalable systems to operate and support production services.
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated build and release processes
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience operating and supporting production services
- Experience leading teams that specifically build and ship public-facing software
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (preferred), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).