Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Product Manager, you’ll work with cross-functional teams to plan, build and manage local features for KR players. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects into KR players’ hands. You will drive internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations and consistently focus on improvement.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experience: you ideally have 5+ years in this area.
- English speaker: you’re fluent in Korean and English with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- Player-focused: you’re a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of gaming in Korea; you’re ready to put your extensive gaming experience and are skilled at gameplay itself to some level as well.
- A technical interpreter: you’re a quick learner and an adaptive communicator; while your only experience "writing code" might be editing a wiki, you’re able to converse with highly technical Rioters and relay the information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Crazy for gaming: you always have one or two titles to mention when asked what games you currently are playing. Those sleepless nights you spent on struggling against seemingly unbreakable end-bosses paved your way to gaming industry. You are not afraid of endeavoring new genres or platforms. You are deeply engaged in exploring different types of games from MOBA to RPG, from TCG to RTS.
- Manage local product (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support, etc.)
- Analyze requirements of KR players and assemble into a document.
- Plan and build development roadmap.
- Keep stakeholders consulted and informed on progress and bought in to discussions as needed for project success.
- Improve and optimise user experience of local product(game features, web, mobile and etc) by analyzing user data(GA and etc).
- Manage local development
- Own the day-to-day team production operations, including building and maintaining clean and an up-to-date work backlog, facilitating team meetings, discussions and decisions.
- Update and track shipping against a common delivery checklist.
- Communicate with central development teams to align requirements and schedules.
- Support the team by removing roadblocks, managing distractions, and using productive(agile) development tools(Jira, Confluence, etc).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.