Technical Producer / Product Owner
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience
As a Technical Producer you will use your technical knowledge, requirements gathering. and project management skills to guide progress within product teams while making ensuring the quality, availability and costs of the solutions being developed meet expectations. You will work with a passionate team of product owners, delivery leads, and external vendors on a mission to build products in the EU region
In this role, you will work with senior level partners in Riot’s offices across the EU region to translate technical requirements into software products while managing relationships with external software development vendors. You will work in an agile environment with short development cycles and a fast direct feedback loops from both internal stakeholders and the player community.
- Partner with senior level stakeholders in Riot’s multiple offices across the EU region to gather & translate technical requirements for new software projects into deliverable actions
- Manage, plan, and track production schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Lead the vendor management process for external software teams: contract negotiations, technical interviews, and resource planning
- Oversee the product development lifecycle: architecture, tech stack, development methodology
- Help to integrate local EU products with global Riot services and solutions: help vendors to customize game clients and use public or private Riot services; aligning with teams
- Contribute by writing code to existing integration solutions when needed
- You over 5 years experience in project management and software development; you may have spent time working as a software developer or a tech leader before moving into a role as a Project Manager, Development Manager, or Scrum Master
- You are an Agile pro: you're fluent in—and avid advocate of—development best practices
- You have a lot of experience partnering with senior level stakeholders to capture requirements and translate into technical specifications
- You have worked with external vendors or outsourced or remote software development teams: you're able to manage vendors and partners so well that they can achieve high quality content on time and within budget
- You have experience shipping successful projects in a live tech environment; you've built up a resume by breaking through integration barriers striving to achieve value and quality to your customers.
- Passionate about games: you love games, the culture, and the tech behind those games
- You've successfully lead teams using a variety of practices such as: Scrum, Kanban, and Lean Product Management
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.