Esports Communications Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As the Communications Lead, Europe Esports, you will help build positioning and strategy for Esports Communications initiatives, identifying opportunities to spark conversation with players, fans, partners and sports communities globally. You'll partner with Communications, PR, Business Development and Brand teams across Riot Games to build narrative around our leagues, teams and players. You'll ensure that our messaging extends across all earned and owned channels and done so in an authentic, player-focused way. Your insights and ability to connect with fans will help us build advocacy and passion around our sport.
You'll manage a small team of accomplished PR professionals and lead the charge to find the best roster of partners and vendors that can help enhance our internal capabilities and achieve our goals.
You'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players and fans. We will certainly be looking at your work experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with esports and games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
As part of the EU Esports Publishing team in Berlin, you will report into the Head of Publishing and join a small but impactful team of passionate creators who bring amazing content to our players every week.
- At least 7+ years experience, you're adept at communicating through multiple mediums and able to land nuanced messaging. You know how to craft and deliver a compelling narrative to passionate and critical fans
- Communications is your craft and you are constantly looking for ways to develop yourself and your team. You look for inspiration across industries and know what good looks like when it comes to creative PR, social media and corporate communications. You know the sports, esports and gaming media climate, and can identify events and issues that draw media attention
- You’ve managed world class teams and know how to lead and inspire people to great results. Whether leading the charge or supporting a broader initiative you know how to help teams raise their game.
- You are a strategist; The challenges of communicating for an internationally-broadcasted, European esports league are global in scope; you’re culturally-aware and player-focused in how you approach campaigns and programs that have global impact.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.