Insights Data Analyst
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of researchers, analysts and data scientists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around Europe. We believe that illuminating the diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, data, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights team – the group of researchers, analysts and data scientists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that empower Rioters to make difficult decisions. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and collaborate with Rioters from other disciplines (finance, Marketing, Player Support and Engineering) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
- Inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world
- Work as part of product teams to help form goals, identify opportunities, and support exploration and iteration
- Ensure players are voiced and represented by using analytic skills to translate data from a variety of sources into narratives that describe their experiences and suggest new ways to serve them.
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player experience
- Identify, collect, and analyze data through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Empower stakeholders through data visualization (e.g. setting up Tableau dashboards) and storytelling (e.g. powerpoint)
- Communicate complex players insights in a simple, meaningful way
- Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related STEM discipline
- Three years professional work experience analyzing large data-sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- You have experience of analysing a company’s revenues and costs and utilising this information to help companies make data informed decisions.
- Knowledgeable in SQL, Python, R or any other programming language
- Experience with Tableau or Qlikview
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games (of all kinds). If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter/introduction. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Unlimited paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.