Executive Compensation Analyst
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Executive Compensation Analyst, you bring deep knowledge and a broad skillset to our people, product, discipline, regional, and senior leaders. Reporting to the Global Director of Compensation, you act as the go-to resource for all things related to executive compensation, ranging from administering and improving the executive compensation programs to creating tools to aid in data- and market-informed decisions. Your input is essential to the design, benchmarking, implementation, and administration of new and revised executive compensation programs and the policies, guidelines, and procedures that support them.
- Make recommendations about the design or enhancements of our executive compensation practices that align with our values and goals, including financial and peer modeling
- Lead administration of compelling, performance-driven executive pay programs that are integrated with Riot’s business and talent strategies
- Monitor the effectiveness of our executive compensation programs and policies, providing analytics and partnering with finance colleagues
- Support roll-out, communication, and change management of executive compensation incentive plan processes and assist with materials for senior leaders and Board members for approval and analysis of programs
- Be the point of contact for executives for questions and support related to their compensation programs
- Complete and purchase executive compensation surveys and benchmarking
- Support special projects in executive and broad based compensation
- Demonstrate growth, mentorship and consultative skills in guiding others through complex issues
- Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance and practice evolution, especially as they pertain to executive and incentive pay
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- 6+ years of experience in a compensation/total rewards analyst role with confirmed progression including 2+ years of executive compensation
- Comprehensive knowledge of government regulations as they apply to executive compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Excel modeling and data visualization skills
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).