Technical Writer - Riot Data Products, Intranet (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by ambitious gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
As a Technical Writer on the Riot Intranet Products team, you will be a strong contributor to create the content, artifacts, and education that will accelerate adoption of the various Intranet Products and our related services for Rioters. Your expertise will include strong contextual writing abilities, envisioning end-to-end learning experiences, and knowing how to educate and inspire your peers.
As a Technical Writer within the Riot Intranet Products, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on Rioter experience, faster time to productivity and passion for helping other Rioters. With general guidance from a team of dedicated, engineering Rioters you will craft awesome content that increases client partner education.
- As a member of the team, you’ll work with engineers, product owners, and delivery leads to craft documentation, create best practice templates, website content, reference architectures, training materials and other architectural artifacts covering a wide range of platform, infrastructure and software capabilities.
- You will be an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with technologists, and quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
- You will create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals
- You will ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson
- You will provide updates and different editions as necessary and drive the documentation planning with teams at Riot
- You will produce high-quality documentation for various web services and infrastructure systems, including diagrams and visual examples
- You will independently follow designs, standards, programming code, and web services to develop and deliver documentation
- You will write or manipulate code samples to support documentation and work with engineering customers to answer technical questions
- You will create and edit content to match stakeholder education and workflow needs
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must be able to build rapport with peers, working closely with them to produce comprehensive documentation that describes sophisticated distributed platforms for internal engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. You must be able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines while being flexible to accommodate shifting schedules.
- You are a self-starter. You must be able to take projects and run with them with very little supervision. You must be analytical with a thirst for new technological knowledge.
- You have a proven track record of performing research and independent self-study as part of production of documentation deliverables
- You have a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).