Service Brand Strategist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Service Brand Strategist (Player Support), you'll build the best service brand in gaming. Each day you'll dream up new ways to delight players, grow their trust in Riot, and empower them to prevent and solve their own problems. You’ll tell the story of Riot's commitment to its global player base by driving the tone and style of support conversations, inventing new approaches to solving painful player issues, and ensuring that all support communication points effectively support our brand goals.
- Empathetic: you intuitively understand and share other people's experiences and emotions, which helps guide how you support them; you've probably spent time in a role where your actions positively impacted others' lives in a tangible way
- Experienced communication lead: you have effectively guided the values, language, and behaviors of large service or sales teams so that each interaction with a customer builds brand equity.
- Action-oriented: you understand the brand strategy and translate that into programs that work. You employ an organized approach, relentless persistence, and ass-kicking when necessary.
- Versatile: you can tackle a large variety of brand challenges through your massive assortment of communication leadership tools; update the global meme handbook (ummm… who still references Harambe? Do Brazilians like Spongebob?), review the research on character roleplaying in tech support, craft the humor training program for new agents and then break for lunch -- you'll need that energy to pitch your proposal for rescuing players from an epic loss streak.
- Player focused: you're a lifelong gamer who's passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to the players in and out of the game (and you get the memes)
Team oriented: you're a flexible collaborator who makes others feel safe coming to you with feedback and different perspectives; you develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship and your preference for no-bullshit communication
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative support data to identify opportunities for better brand building.
- Translate our brand goals to the frontlines of our operation.
- Invent new player support interactions that differentiate Riot as authentic, regionally relevant, playful, and compassionate
- Collaborate with central and regional trainers to upgrade the interactions between Riot support agents and players. Strategist will work closely with training and PS managers on curriculum development, hiring/evaluation of agents, and KPI monitoring.
- Contribute your ideas, feedback and creative eye on all player support’s touch points with players - tickets, live chat, support site, and creative media.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.