Development Manager - LoL Marketing
For Marketing, having a player-focused mindset is vital; we’re not here to be the center of attention. The team includes people with a wide array of experiences, from savvy veterans to green rookies, who all share a love of gaming and the belief we can always grow and improve in our craft. A chief edict at Riot is to ensure the exterior our players and partners see is matched by how we see ourselves. We expect our Marketing teams to exemplify that spirit in all they do, and to empower and inspire Rioters at all levels to craft the best player experience possible.
Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we are constantly focusing on continual improvement.
As a Development Manager in the game marketing teams, you will report into the Senior Development Manager on LoL Marketing. You will be accountable for the delivery of projects and creative marketing campaigns from beginning to end. A meaningful part of your work is to manage production. You will own the processes used by the team to get the work done, being responsible to evolve these processes according to the team needs and development. You will establish the team work systems, and own the rituals on it. You will help the team to find better ways to work, facilitating instances as team chartering, retrospectives and work agreements needed within the team, or between the team and other work streams. You also owns the relationship with operation partners inside and outside the LoL Inc Marketing initiative, ensuring the game marketing teams have the resources needed to deliver their work. You will ensure work is moving forward, and that the communication is flowing in the right direction and in the right channels. You will support the team in building alignment with other teams, and also in managing their stakeholders. It’s also in your responsibilities that you ensure the team members have a sustainable and healthy environment, planning and executing assessment check-ins that identifies when there is a problem in the team processes or dynamics.
- Work closely with internal Riot partners to establish and maintain strong working relationships. Additionally, normalize execution with external partners
- Ensure the team is staffed and act as the accountable party for delivering
- Design appropriate work systems for your teams, and run projects from an agile PM perspective. Process architect - prioritizing gaps (based on impact to player value or cost)
- Act as representative of Development Management (DM) craft with Leadership and advocate for DM needs within your teams
- Identify gaps in process and communication/etc early on and design systems to preemptively identify pain points before they arise.
- 3+ years of experience leading Agile teams
- Experience delivering projects involving multiple teams and external vendors.
- Experience driving cultures of collaboration and understanding.
- Experience in delivering marketing campaigns
- Experience leading diverse creative teams to deliver complex projects
- Experience in leading engineering teams to deliver player-facing features
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).