In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with a deep craft knowledge of rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Compensation Partner reporting to the Director of Total Rewards, you will bring knowledge and experience to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You will be a resource for compensation-related matters, ranging from planning and supporting the annual compensation cycle to looking for ways to improve our processes to drive data- and market-informed decisions. You will conduct a range of compensation analyses and be a guardian of good pay practices, and can help level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, executive) of compensation.
- Support the design, evaluation, and administration of broad-based pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
- Assist with annual base pay, incentive review processes, off-cycle review governance and job matching, survey submissions, results review, and other compensation processes
- Provide analytical support to assess the effectiveness, competitiveness, and fairness of existing programs
- Participate in compensation-related implementations and improvements with the People Systems team and other members of the Compensation team
- Look for ways to improve pay practice administration and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
- Participate in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management
- Make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Demonstrate growth, curiosity, and consultative skills in guiding others through complex issues
- Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards, and people compliance and practice evolution
- 3+ years of experience in a compensation/total rewards or finance role
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Comfort with Excel modeling and data visualization
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to senior leaders
- Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and making decisions that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).