Software Engineer (Backend)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Software Engineer (Backend), you will develop awesome experiences and products optimized for our players. You will collaborate with engineers in the Seoul office and also in other global offices. Constantly aware of the latest industry technology and development trends, you will provide experience solutions that will drive the evolution of our services.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Global communicator: You drive clarity in communication by being concise and articulate. You are an active listener, building strong relationships with stakeholders and bringing visibility to technical decisions made on your team to relevant people. You are fluent in Korean and feel comfortable communicating in English on a business level. You can drive effective collaboration between different languages and cultures.
- Growth-oriented: You are always eager to learn about new technical trends. You enjoy sharing what you’ve learned with fellow developers and colleagues.
- Adaptable: You quickly adapt to new challenges, even if it’s outside of your expertise. You are familiar wearing multiple hats, and have a track record of learning new skills across a wide range of domains + disciplines.
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team that is defining the future evolution of League of Legends
- Build a massive global platform for deploying and operating backend services with low latency and high availability
- Contribute to the game client and platform by collaborating with your team as well as Rioters across the globe to provide memorable experiences to our players
- Design and implement cutting-edge web services that allow players to easily interact with each other
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.