Product Manager (Payments) - Live Services
The Revenue Strategy group at Riot performs analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve our goals. We're a diverse group from different work backgrounds that loves to play games, united by our dream to remain player-focused while maximizing our outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we're informed by data.
Product Managers at Riot Games help lead the vision of each product across the finish line, and help achieve experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we provide the solution that our audience needs.
As a Product Manager of Payments in Live Services, you'll join a multi-discipline team focused on delivering convenient and secure checkout experiences to players. You will translate global e-commerce needs for B2B and B2C into plans and development roadmaps. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands. You will guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. There is no set path to shipping a product, no fixed process to follow, so Product Managers adjust to changing situational demands.
The Payments team within the Live Services Initiative builds the player-and vendor-facing checkout software that are provided to games at Riot. As part of the Payments Team, you will be an essential member of a multi-functional team that is building and enhancing the common global checkout experience, which Riot will use for all games.
- Lead the project of building a (mobile) purchasing web application from concept all the way to execution
- Manage relationships with online and offline business-to-business (B2B) partners.
- Evaluate current and potential partners, expand business relationships and renegotiate existing deals
- Uncover potential opportunities with payments and retail gift cards; forecast sales and associated costs of global pin business; measure the performance and effectiveness of B2B programs
- Understand demand from Finance, decide and align user stories, build feature roadmaps, and specify tasks necessary for financial reconciliation
- Understand global B2B business demands and break them down into requirements for Riot's B2B pin tool; work with a team of engineers to continuously enhance the product
- Collaborate with game teams, Publishing, PR, Finance, Community, Development, and international e-commerce managers and partners; work with customers and partners to promote understanding and communicate product updates
- Promote solutions set across development teams through market requirements, product specifications, and positioning
- Inform and build product specifications and features roadmaps; identify essential issues while pulling together strike forces to overcome barriers and ship features
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in Payments or a related field
- Collaborate well with others and indexes towards actions and results
- Manage resources to maximize efficiency
- Excellent at solving problems with a focus on customer success
- Demonstrated knowledge to think creatively and identify new ways to brainstorm
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations
- Experience structuring and managing complex cross-company projects and processes with multiple partners
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).