Senior Brand Manager, Riot Corporate Brand
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
That's where you come in. Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans and our philosophy is that brand at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to achieve meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, League of Legends MOBA, League of Legends esports and our other games. Brand team members at Riot are most focused on contributing to creative work centered around ‘showing’ vs. ‘telling’. We look for brand lovers who can grow our business, think about brand marketing in new ways, dream big and help create epic content. Our culture succeeds by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. A brand manager at Riot will be comfortable with a diverse working environment and using new media and social more than traditional formats.
As Senior Brand Manager, reporting into the Head of Global Comms, you’ll help carry the torch for brand excellence across Riot Games' central and regional brand teams. You’re responsible for enhancing our global corporate brand and creative programs with laser focus on the player resonance. This includes developing brand DNA, strategy, and narrative to ensure Riot's brand maintains close relevance to evolving game brands and building trust with the community. You’ll join a team of fellow gamers that’s breaking boundaries and blurring global borders by marrying high-level marketing and brand strategies.
- Serve as the senior strategist and steward of the Riot Corporate Brand - voice, vision, tone, and use
- Develop global brand campaigns that resonate with players and other essential audiences
- Serve as the ambassador of Riot's brand purpose, ensuring that Riot's DNA manifests across all games, departments and IP - preserving its integrity in all we do
- 8+ years of experience in publishing or marketing Experience delivering successful marketing campaigns to customers
- Experience with the marketing toolsets used to bring a product to market
- Experience giving and taking constructive creative input Experience is launching (or re-launching) corporate brands
- Experience collaborating with multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product campaign
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres
- Experience working on multiple products simultaneously at different stages and understanding how to position and create large-scale reach and satisfaction for those products
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, however being a master storyteller in connecting a corporate brand to resonant player experience will blow us away. If you embody player empathy and ensure every aspect of the corporate narrative speaks to that, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).