Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
System and Infrastructure Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build infrastructure solutions. We're looking for a rare mix of knowledge and hands-on experience with several infrastructure specializations, and depth of expertise in at least two of those areas.
System Engineers want to eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating responses to alerting, deployments, and configurations of software, while living in the world of Infrastructure as Code. We're knowledgeable in how and when to use automation frameworks like Python, Terraform, or Ansible, we understand the basic concepts of software programming, and readily use scripting or code to craft simple tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code!
As System Engineer, you'll report to the Engineering Manager and you'll be part of a technical team behind building and maintaining Riot's regional services in Europe. Availability, performance, reliability, and automation will be your watchwords. You'll help development teams design and implement production environments, and address system needs in new and creative ways that go beyond traditional infrastructure methods.
- Partnering with cloud service providers to automate tasks (deployments, maintenance, orchestration)
- Developing our Docker and Mesos-based container engines
- Writing automation using tools like Ansible or Salt within a CI/CD framework
- Operating and maintaining essential systems, growing reliability, performance, and availability of those systems
- Collaborating with teams of developers on local projects and with teams across languages and time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 4+ years of relevant experience running beefy systems; you've built servers in data centers and in the cloud, and kept an online production environment humming
- Linux system administration experience
- Coding or scripting experience using languages such as: Python, Terraform, Ansible
- Familiar with the core concepts of distributed systems, having experience with distributed data, caching, networking, and application systems in the past
- You have player empathy, so you know that one of the worst feelings in the world is discovering that the server's down; you'll try to keep the League of Legends platform infrastructure humming, so that doesn't happen.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.