Anti-Cheat Software Engineer - Information Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League Players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of Players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot Engineers within the security space are knowledgeable in several areas. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop robust game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the chance to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to protect the competitive experience that our Players build.
As an Anti-Cheat Software Engineer, reporting to our Engineering Manager, you will fight to protect the competitive integrity of Riot’s games, ensuring a fair experience for all Players. You’ll build solutions to prevent and detect instances of cheating, botting or boosting while also minimizing the motivation to participate in these behaviors. Your background in reverse engineering new cheats, and a diverse programming toolkit allow you to bring new solutions to life. Working with the Anti-Cheat team, you’ll discover new ways to protect the player experience.
- Develop and support Anti-cheating solutions that detect and protect against malicious behavior.
- Reverse engineer exploits and software used to cheat, bot or boost in game experience
- Help craft the methodology for how Riot improves the competitive ecosystem
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout Anti-Cheat incidents
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring that remediation, eradication and lessons learned are integrated into daily operations
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Stay aware of new exploits and tech to stay one step ahead in the cheating arms race
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building software using C/C++, Java, or Go
- Experience reverse engineering cheating applications and tooling
- Knowledge of Windows internals, binary exploitation is a plus
- Experience with process and memory management optimization
- Reverse engineering of cheating on mobile platforms
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).