Gameplay Capture Artist - League of Legends
Our players love video and so do we. That love means that video is often the primary output from publishing campaigns at Riot. Video Production crafts compelling content that showcases new products from our games. We also build videos with meaningful messaging to communicate changes to our players. Producers, Editors, Directors, and Capture Artists all collaborate closely with Brand, Comms and Development across all forms of video. From Gameplay to Dev Diaries to Live Action to traditional animation and CG, our focus is to surprise and delight all of our players.
As a Gameplay Capture Artist for League of Legends reporting to the Lead Editor, you’ll manage ideation, capture, and organization of gameplay content for videos our players will love. You’ll also collaborate with brand managers, writers, and video producers to brainstorm ideas and improve on creative concepts. Informed by Game Design, Publishing, and personal knowledge, you’ll create a steady stream of captivating, information-laced, and stylish videos.
- Communicate with multi-discipline production teams to understand new content.
- Organize pre-production, shot lists, and footage to set the team up for success.
- Capture in-game footage for creative projects both large and small.
- Manage crucial relationships so the team can provide quality content to players.
- Collaborate with a diverse team to improve each video you help produce.
- 1+ years of combined experience with 3D camera software (Unreal, Maya, or League Director, etc.)
- Proficient in using video capture tools such as OBS, FRAPS, or hardware recorders
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cinematography
- Expert knowledge of League of Legends playstyles, and ability to emulate a gold-ranked player's mechanical skill within the game
- +3 months of experience with League Director, Riot's 3D camera software
- +3 years of experience contributing to iterative feedback and creative production
- Certification or degree from a film/video or animation program or equivalent additional working experience
- Versed in League of Legends universe lore
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.