Merchandise Licensing Associate
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Around the world, you can find a passionate and engaged community of League players excited to show off their love of the game. Delivering remarkable merchandise experiences across multiple product categories to our players creates complex and exciting challenges for the Riot Merchandise team. That's where you come in.
Riot Games Merchandise wants every League IP fan - past, present, and future - to feel proud to express their love of our IP through physical merchandise. We aim to build phenomenal products that legitimize that expression. From cute collectible figurines that brighten up any desk, to an exclusive PROJECT: Hoodie that is only available to players who completed the PROJECT missions in game, we look to create meaningful product experiences that fit into our players’ lifestyle and passions.
As a Merchandise Licensing Associate, you will report to the Merch Manager responsible for licensing. You’re the gateway between the League of Legends IP and our external collaborators and licensees. You will work with Riot’s content production teams and regional teams to help our licensing partners develop products that resonate with our players. From apparel to collectibles to homegoods and beyond, you’ll help provide awesome physical product experiences for players around the globe all year long.
- Support the development, and distribution of licensing tools, including fact sheets, pitch decks, sizzle reels, content calendars, and style guides
- Manage communication rhythm between production teams, regional teams, and licensing partners to coordinate physical product development and merchandise placement in content
- Manage product approvals and retail clearances for licensee proposals
- Support business updates for partners through data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Develop processes and backlogs to ensure on time delivery of materials
- Identify additional product development and marketing opportunities as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Passion for building meaningful product experiences for our players
- 1+ years experience working in project management or product development, and experience supporting a team through full development cycles
- Leadership experience in work, school or extracurricular environments
- Comfort with managing changing situations
- Have the initiative to practice and improve
- Background in managing merchandise licensing partners on a global scale
- Experience developing and refreshing style guides and pitch material
- Practice working and communicating with a global network of clients or partners
- Have worked with project management tools (such as Favro, Trello, or Asana), spreadsheet programs (Excel or Google Sheets), and design tools (such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe InDesign)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).