Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps strengthen our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Lead member of Hong Kong studio’s Animation team, you will set the bar and ensure that the animation output of our external and internal animation teams maintains Riot’s high standards. You’ll build and support a high performing team, and give them the guidance and context they need in order to deliver amazing animation experiences to out players. Using your broad knowledge of the art, craft and tech of animation, you’ll set clear goals, and make sure the process of delivering of those goals is as smooth as possible
- As overall animation craft lead on a product, you will oversee the quality of the work the team deliver, and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world class team by sourcing AAA animation talent in China, and develop and grow their animation skills through training and feedback
- Collaborate with Rioters in HK and worldwide, to make sure product goals are fulfilled and working practices are appropriate
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated in finding creative and effective solutions to vigilantly eliminate difficult problems
- You will use your knowledge and experience with modeling, texturing, rigging, scripting, lighting and video editing to level up animated projects on as-needed basis
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.