Technical Animation Lead
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps strengthen our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As Technical Animation Lead/Lead Animation TD, you will anticipate HK Studio’s short and long term technical animation needs, develop a strategy to deliver on those needs - accelerating animators, maintaining excellent quality, and ensuring that the animation team’s output meets all technical and other standards required by our portfolio of projects.
- As overall technical animation craft lead, you will oversee the quality of the work the team deliver, and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world class team by sourcing AAA animation talent in China, and develop and grow their skills through training and feedback
- You will own our studio’s animation tools and processes, and facilitate and improve them in order to accelerate animation production and meet project technical requirements and other standards
- Collaborate with Rioters in HK and worldwide, to make sure product goals are fulfilled and working practices are appropriate
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated in finding creative and effective solutions to vigilantly eliminate difficult problems
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.